Exhibitors – do you fit in Category …

  1. California exhibitors who are selling a product or taking orders or leads- you will need to have your California resale number on file in our office.
  2. Out-of-state exhibitors who are selling a product or taking orders and/or leads – if you don’t have a California resale number you will need to apply for one. Click here to complete the application online: https://efile.boe.ca.gov/ereg/index.boe. There is no fee.
    • Check the appropriate box on the application:
      • Temporary permit-good for the event only.
      • Regular permit-with no time limit. Use this option if you do multiple shows in California or don’t want to complete the application every year.
  3. Exhibitors who are not selling or are exempt (i.e. real estate) – you need to have a completed Form 410-D, “Special Events Certification” on file in the office. Download the application here: www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/boe410d.pdf.

Complete the application online or mail the completed application to:

California State Board of Equalization

3321 Power Inn Road
Sacramento, CA 95826
For questions, call (916) 227-6709 or fax to (916) 227-1883.

You will not be allowed to set-up on check-in day if you do not have a number, so please take the time to fill out the application in plenty of time to get a number assigned to you (which can take 3-4 weeks). The California State Board of Equalization will be on site to verify that all exhibitors have the proper permit on file.

Address of Event:
Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95815