NEW DATE AND LOCATION: May 9-12, 2019 | Murieta Equestrian Center, Sacramento, CA
Sign Up Deadline: April 19, 2019
(530) 672-7490 | [email protected]
For International Exhibitors
1. LIABILITY Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Horse Expo, Inc., also referred to as management, principles, agents, officers and employees from all claims, losses, costs, damages or expenses resulting or arising from any and all injuries to or death of any person or damage to any property caused by an act, omission or neglect of Exhibitor’s agents, employees, invites, contractors, or guests which occur in or about the Exhibit Space. Exhibitor agrees to use and occupy the Exhibit Space at Exhibitor’s own risk, and hereby releases Horse Expo, Inc., its agents, officers, employees and invites from all claims for any damage, loss or injury to persons or property to the full extent permitted by law occurring in or about the Exhibit Space, including, but not limited to damages, resulting from the acts of other Exhibitors, theft, vandalism, fire and other casualty damage or damage arising from any defects in the premises.
2. BOOTH DETAIL Each booth will contain 3 ft. high curtain side dividers, 8ft. curtained backdrop, sign, two badges per booth and listing in program and website.
3. EXHIBIT INSTALLATION Exhibitors may initiate booth construction, after checking in at the show office. See Handbook for hours.
4. LABOR Exhibitors are responsible for providing or arranging all necessary labor in transporting, unpacking, erecting, dismantling and repacking of displays. These services, if desired, may be arranged for with the official show decorator.
5. EXHIBIT STAFFING All exhibits must be staffed during show hours by at least one person. Exhibitors are requested to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to show opening.
6. EXHIBIT CARE Contracted janitorial services will sweep and clean aisles and empty trash canisters. Exhibitors are responsible for keeping exhibits clean and orderly. Trash must be placed in aisles for picking up at close of show each evening.
7. REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS No part of an exhibit will be allowed to leave the exhibit hall before closing on May 12, 2019. Removal of exhibits will take place on Sunday, May 12, 2019 from 5:30pm to 9:00pm and on Sunday, May 19, 2019 from 8:00am until 12:00pm. Any exhibits not completely dismantled and removed by 5:00pm Sunday, May 19, 2019 will be removed by show management, and all fees will be charged directly to the Exhibitor at prevailing rates. The Exhibitor shall indemnify and hold harmless Horse Expo, Inc. for any cost or liability incurred in connection with such removal.
8. BOOTH ASSIGNMENT While initial booth reservation is mutually agreed to by Exhibitor and Management, final assignment is the proprietary right of Management. Every attempt will be made to locate the Exhibitor in the booth he or she has reserved but, in extenuating circumstances, the booth can be reassigned without approval of Exhibitor. The Exhibitor shall not assign, sublet or apportion the whole or any part of the space assigned or have representatives, equipment or materials from firms other than its own in the exhibit space.
9. BOOTH MUSIC Live or taped music is prohibited as part of an exhibit or display without written permission from an appropriate music licensing source.
10. NOISE CONTROL Any electronic equipment or machinery which is determined to be detracting from other exhibits will not be permitted.
11. FOOD and beverages may not be sold. If food or beverages are given away this must be approved, in writing, by Management.
12. LIVE ANIMALS or pets will NOT be permitted without written consent of Management.
13. SECURITY will be provided to patrol after show hours. The exhibit halls must be vacated within 30 minutes after show closing. Exhibitors will be allowed to enter the exhibit hall upon presentation of an Exhibitor badge only. While security is available during both move-in and move-out hours it is required to man your booth at all times during the complete run of the show to insure additional protection of equipment and valuables. Management is not responsible for theft or damage.
14. BOOTH CONTRACT The exhibit space contract upon receipt by management shall constitute a valid and binding contract. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Management, the show should be canceled, the contracted exhibitor shall waive any claims for damages or compensation.
15. COLLECTION If suit is instituted to collect past due amounts, Exhibitor agrees to pay actual costs and expenses of collection in addition to court costs and reasonable attorney fees and interest at the maximum prevailing rate.
16. UNOCCUPIED SPACE In the event an Exhibitor has failed to occupy the space contracted for by 9:00 pm Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Management shall have the right to utilize such space in any manner he chooses. This will in no way release the contracted Exhibitor nor shall exhibitor be entitled to a refund.
17. CALIFORNIA SELLERS PERMIT Exhibitors who plan to sell merchandise on the premises in a cash and carry fashion are responsible for complying with Sacramento/California State licensing and tax requirements. Information and application for a California Temporary Sellers Permit number can be obtained by contacting the State Board of Equalization, (916) 227-6700.
18. CANCELLATION A written notice of cancellation is required, by certified mail. Exhibitor is responsible for full payment of booth space contract if not canceled in writing by February 1, 2019. No refunds or credits are given after this date.
19. NON-GUARANTEE Management makes no guaranty or warranty, express or implied, as to the profitability or potential loss to or of Exhibitor with regard to Exhibitor’s participation in the Western States Horse Expo.
20. REGULATION COMPLIANCE Exhibitor shall utilize the premises in an orderly manner and in compliance with all present and future applicable Federal, State and local statutes, ordinances, rules and regulations.
21. PROMOTIONS Where the Exhibitor offers or provides exhibition, raffles, donations, or other promotional measures that require guests to be present at a specified location and time or any other unusual promotional plans, they must first be approved, in writing, by Management.
22. RIGHT TO REFUSE Management reserves the right to review and reject any application for exhibit space without prejudice.
23. REPRESENTATION Are/have not been made unless in writing, in this contract.
24. INSURANCE Exhibitors shall carry and maintain during the period in which they exhibit, including move-in and move-out days, and at his or her sole cost and expense, personal injury, and property damage coverage under a policy of general public liability insurance $1,000,000.00 (One million). Also naming Management as insured. Exhibitor warrants that by signing this contract, he or she has complied specifically with insurance requirements of this contract. Proof of insurance must be provided by April 1, 2019.
25. FAILURE TO PERFORM Should the Exhibitor fail to observe any of the terms of this agreement or any of the rules and regulations as set forth by Horse Expo, Inc. he or she may be prevented from further exhibits therein with forfeiture of exhibit space rental. Management shall not be responsible to Exhibitor for any financial loss arising out of Exhibitor’s use of the facility, or facility policy - including power interruptions, utility failures, terrorism, bomb threat or undue “acts of God” (i.e. flood, fire, earthquake)
26. AMENDMENTS This agreement may only be amended, except as expressly provided herein, by agreement of the parties, in writing, bearing a note subsequent to the date of this agreement.
27. ENFORCEABILITY If any term or provision of this agreement is determined to be void or unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall remain enforceable and in effect, as if that void or unenforceable provision was not included.
If you have any questions or problems with this form call (530) 672-7490 or email [email protected]